jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2009

My Music

A like to talk about my favorite type of music, because, I believe that I have very different rhythms, groups or songs, for the different days, emotions, situations, etc, of my life. For example, when I was younger, in the school, for a long time, I only like the reggae music because my group of friends was very “rasta style”, now I hear a lot of different music, but this kind of music still been one of my favorite. Whit the years, I discover others music styles, like the bossanova, similar to reggae music, but whit others instruments, lyrics and language, people like Joao Gilberto, Bebel, Djavan and Marissa Monte, are some of my favorites bossanova musicians. In other circumstances, like a good party or hippies situations, I like very much the “cueca”, I like dance this kind of music whit some wine in the body, also, some of my friends plays very good this music, for that, I like the style party whit cueca. Other type of music that I hear a lot, was Spanish rock, but a light kind of rock more near to old pop, like Soda Estero, Fito Paez, Gustavo Ceratti or many songs in particular, like the classics “girl`s songs” whit musicians like Javiera Parra, Madonna, Regina Spector and many more.

1 comentario:

joseph dijo...

Good response Carla,

I agree that the kinds of music we want to listen to depends on our mood at the moment. I still like reggae as well--Bob marley was always one of my favorites growing up. I have to learn cueca--I´ve seen it, but since I don´t dance very well, I still haven´t tried it.

Anyway, here are some grammar comments:

--"I only like reggae" should be "liked" because you are talking in teh past tense

--"this kind of music still been one of my favorite" It should be "still is" because you are talking about now, and teh last word should be "favorites" because it is the plural noun

--"I like very much the cueca..." should be "I like cueca very much..." Put "very much" after the noun

Take care

Joe